Your business is really important to us and you may have questions surrounding the impact of travel restrictions relating to the CoronaVirus outbreak.
As a small local business we really appreciate your support and understanding during these testing times.
We are asking for your support in the following ways:
- If your trip has been cancelled because of the change in FCO advice, please talk to us in the first instance to discuss options.
- If possible, postpone your holiday or travel arrangements, don’t cancel – this will mean you have a holiday to look forward to in the future, and it will help us maintain cash flow through the short-term challenges.
- If you are not able to postpone, the supplier may offer you a refund credit voucher instead of a cash refund. ABTA is in urgent talks with the Government to ensure that these credit arrangements have the full cover of financial protection. You should await further guidance on this.
- If the supplier has said they will offer a cash refund, please be patient with them as they process this: they are likely to be dealing with an exceptionally high volume of enquiries and it could take many months to process the refund.
- If you have a travel booking for later in the year, please be patient. The situation is changing rapidly, and travel restrictions are currently only in place until the end of April. You may incur cancellation charges or lose your deposit if you make a hasty decision.
Nobody knows for sure how long the current coronavirus pandemic will last, but we know that we will come out of the other side and we need to ensure that when we do, holidaymakers are still able to book and take their holidays and that there is healthy and competitive travel industry to support them.
ABTA have a consumer page dedicated to advice and this page is udpated daily as the situation changes. Please follow the ABTA link below